Welcome to the StuffAlert.com website (“StuffAlert” or “Site”), a web based
service provided by SonicZero Limited (“SonicZero”, “we” or “us” for short). The
Site enhances how you search for items on a number of the local websites that
form part of the marketplace created by eBay Inc (“eBay”). It allows users who
have registered to create keyword searches to locate exactly what they are
looking for on eBay including hard to find items that are expected to become
available sometime in the near future on eBay.
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through the StuffAlert website then click here to find out how to manage cookies. Please remember that if you change your settings and block certain cookies certain personalised features may not be available and you may not be able to take full advantage of all the website's features.
2. Data Protection principles
Under GDPR all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In line with those principles we will ensure that:-
- Processing is fair, lawful and transparent.
- Personal information is collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Personal information collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing.
- Your personal information is kept accurate and up to date.
- Data is not kept for longer than is necessary for the given purpose.
- Data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security or personal data including protection against unauthorised processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- We comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal information.
3. Our Commitment to You
- When you register your personal information you provide remains strictly under your control. All your information can be found and edited by you in a personal storage area called ‘My Details’ at any time.
- Simply contact us if you no longer want to use the Site.
- We will never disclose your personally-identifiable information to any third party for marketing purposes.
- You will never be asked to disclose your eBay account username and password to us.
- You can switch an alert on or off at any time - StuffAlert does not spam. You can choose to save or delete your keyword searches.
4. Information Collected by StuffAlert
When you register to become a Member of StuffAlert.com, you provide personal information to SonicZero. We are the data controller for the purposes of the GDPR in respect of the information which you provide to us and are registered to collect and process personal information. We may collect, store and process the following personal information about you:
- Name (first and last names)
- Email address
- Year of Birth
- City and country in which you live
- Details of your keyword searches
- Correspondence through the site and emails sent to us
We also collect other non-personally identifiable data, which may include your IP address and what browser you are using.
5. Lawful basis for processing
We collect and process data that you provide for specific purposes. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. We will display your personal information in ‘My Details' according to the preferences you set in your account (“personal settings”).
We will use your name and username when we send you an email alert so that we can personalize your experience. You can control the types and frequencies of email alerts you receive.
We will use your email address to contact you from time to time and for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are.
We may use your personal information to:
Activity requiring use of personal information
Provide the services and Member support you request
Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms and Conditions
Customize, measure, and improve our services and the Site's content and layout
Tell you about our existing services, changes to our existing services, new products and services or promotional offers
Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
We may use the non-personally identifiable information, like your IP address, to statistically analyse Site usage and to customize our Site's content, layout and Services. The resulting information will allow us to improve our Site and better understand and serve our Members.
We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of StuffAlert.com, its affiliates or the public. We may also cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the relevant agency in doing so.
6. Failure to provide data
Your failure to provide us with your personal data information woul dmean that we are unable to provide the enhanced eBay earch and email alert service offered by StuffAlert.
7. Protecting your personal information
We are aware of the rquirement to ensure that your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We ahve implemented processes to guard against such.
8. Retention periods
We only keep personal data for as is necessary to meet the purpose for which it was collected. In practice this means for a period of no longer than two months after you have notified us that you no longer wish to use the Site.
9. Individual privacy rights
You have the following individual rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you:
- Access to your personal information – You can access your personal information at any time in the ‘My Details’ section of the Site. You can also request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please make all requests in writing. You may be asked for evidence of your identity. Information will generally be provided free of charge.
- Correction – you can ask us to change any inaccurate or incomplete information held about you
- Erasure – you can ask for us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it
- Restriction – you can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you in certain circumstances for example where a complaint about accuracy is being resolved
If you are not satisfied with our responses to any query you raise with us or you believe that we are processing your personal data in a way that is inconsistent with the law you can complain to Information Commissioner’s Office whose helpline number is 0303 123 1113. The ICO’s website is ico.org.uk.
10. Reviewing and Changing Your Profile
Please keep us updated of any changes to personal information for example if your email address changes. You can review and revise your personal information in ‘My Details’ in ‘My Account’at any time.
11. Children’s Privacy
SonicZero is sensitive to the issue of children’s privacy and makes every effort to protect the privacy of children using the internet. StuffAlert is not developed or directed at children. If you believe your child has provided SonicZero with any personally identifiable data by registering at StuffAlert please contact us by email at Contact Us.
12. Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and UK. By registering on the Site you are indicating your consent for your information to be sent and stored outside the EEA and UK. Your personal information will only be stored with third parties who have confirmed that appropriate measures have been put in place to ensure that your data is transferred securely and that the company that receives it processes it in a way required by the EU and UK data protection laws.
13. Marketing by Third Parties
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes unless you tell us we can. However, we may aggregate your personal information with information on other Members and information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) and disclose such aggregated non personal information to advertisers and other third parties.
14. Effective Date
Cookies (small text files placed [on your computer’s hard drive]) are a standard Internet technology, and many major web sites use them to provide useful features for their Members. Cookies are not programmes and cannot collect information from your computer.
Cookies allow us to store and retrieve login information on
a Member's system. They provide us with data that we can use to improve the
quality of our service and make it easier to use. Most browsers are initially
set up to accept cookies. If you'd prefer, you can change the settings within
your browser to reject all cookies, reject cookies from certain websites or
notify you if a site is requesting to set up a cookie. However, you may not be
able to take full advantage of our web site if you do so.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site and you may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we do not control, for example, if you view an advertisement. Advertisements that appear on the Site are delivered to users by third party advertisers who may set cookies.
For more information see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
We reserve the right to transfer your personal information in the event of a transfer of ownership of SonicZero such as acquisition by or merger with another company. In which event arrangements would be put in place to ensure that your personal data is not compromised and confirmation obtained that appropriate technical and organisational measures have been implemented to ensure the security of your data..
17. Personal Security
The security of your personal information also depends on your protection of your account password. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. StuffAlert uses industry standard technology designed to help keep your personal information safe. If you have any other questions about the security of our website, please Contact Us.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the
site or your dealings with the Site, you can Contact Us or write to us at:
Customer Services, SonicZero Limited, Unit 1, Orbital Centre, Southend Road, Woodford, Essex IG8 8HH United Kingdom.